It's a part of who I am...

Creating heirloom pieces at present - leaving my footprint behind, and perhaps a little something extra for my loved ones in the future

Monday, March 15, 2010

An Old Love






This is a VERY large cross stitch by Gold Dimensions. I believe it's about 12x16, and it's STILL not done. I have about 20 per cent left to go at the bottom. When I am finished, I will photograph the complete piece. I have been working on this off and on for about 8 years....that's right...8 years. After a while, I feel the need to switch it out, and work on something new and fresh; however, now being so close to completion - I look forward to finishing and framing this heirloom quality piece.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I just finished stitching a wonderful rendition of Circe Invidiosa by John William Waterhouse that I started in 2003....so seven years on and off of working on it! It felt so good to finally complete it and I am looking forward to getting it framed after al this time. You're making good progress, girl, keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get this one framed up too! Believe me, it's going to get an awesome frame after all the time I spent putting into it.

    ReplyDelete