It's a part of who I am...

Creating heirloom pieces at present - leaving my footprint behind, and perhaps a little something extra for my loved ones in the future

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Felt Mandala's Batch 4

   The Night Sky Mandala with the "star-moon" theme and autumn leaves pays homage to my Mother, Barbara. On a crisp Fall evening, we would bundle up to go for evening walks in the small town where I grew up.
    In that same small town during this time of year - came the Fair. Small, quaint and charming would be words to describe its atmosphere. For me, it was all about the senses...the smells, the sounds, the sights.  Candy Apples and fresh Taffy were among my favourite foods during the course of an evening such as this.
   Now, in my 30's, I've become a bit lazy in terms of costume for Halloween. I love handing out the candy to impatient children -  wearing my Witches hat and black coat. I sit on my decorated porch, hot apple cider in hand, a warm smile, and ambient lighting emanating from old smoke laden jars illuminating the night sky...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing those lovely memories! Fall is definitely my favourite season. You have captured it beautifully in your latest batch of mandalas! :) xo

    ReplyDelete